38th Australasian Dermatopathology Society
Annual Scientific Meeting
Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, 25 – 27 August 2017
Abstract Submissions open Tuesday 28 February 2017
Two categories of submission
Abstract authors are requested to submit their abstract under one of the following two categories for inclusion in the ADS 2017 program.
1) Brenan Prize
Accredited registrars in Dermatology or Pathology are encouraged to present a paper related to dermatopathology at the ADS 2017 Meeting. The only persons who are eligible to enter and win the Brenan Prize are trainees in Dermatology or Pathology who are accredited for their training as specialist dermatologists or pathologists in Australia or New Zealand.
- Abstracts should be no longer than 300 words.
- Presentations will be up to 10 minutes depending on the number of entrants. The timing for presentations will be advised well before the presentation.
- The paper judged to be the most meritorious and/or best presented will receive a prize of AU$1,000. To be eligible for the prize the registrar must present in person.
2) Clinicopathological Gems
All registrants are invited to participate in this popular segment, giving a short presentation on an illustrative case or cases they have encountered.
- Abstracts should be no longer than 150 words.
- Presentations must be no longer than 5 minutes.
- Multiple presentations may be accepted.
The closing date for all abstracts is 11 May 2017.
Abstract Submission Instructions
Step 1: Write your abstract into a .doc file following the Abstract Submission Guidelines (below)
Step 2: Read the General Policies and Requirements (below)
Step 3: Submit your abstract via email to email@example.com. You will receive confirmation of receipt of your abstract by response email.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Please ensure all of the following information is provided in the abstract document submitted:
- Submitting Author’s title, name, position, organisation, address, email, biography and phone number;
- For all co-authors: title, name, position, organisation, address, email, biography & phone number;
- All authors intending on presenting at the Meeting must be identified;
- Abstract’s choice of category for submission;
- Abstract’s title and body text
General Policies and Requirements
- All abstracts must be original work.
- Submission acknowledges consent to publication of the abstract in the Meeting handbook.
- The presenting author will be required to register for the Meeting in order to ensure their abstract(s) is included in the final program. Deadline for presenting author registration is 23 June 2017.
- It is essential that authors obtain written permission to reproduce material from other sources and acknowledge those sources. Agreement must be obtained from all co-authors or parties relevant to the case and, if necessary, patient consent must be obtained.
Notification of Acceptance
Your abstract will be reviewed by the Organising Committee and notifications of acceptance will be sent via email to the submitting author by 9 June 2017.